The articles provided argue opposite sides of the controvers – myassignmentgeek.net
- Goligher, E. C., Cigolini, M., Cormier, A., Donnelly, S., Ferrier, C., Gorshkov-Cantacuzène, V. A., … Quinlan, J. (2019). Euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide are unethical acts. World Medical Journal, 65(1), 34–37. Retrieved from https://search-ebscohost-com.lopes.idm.oclc.org/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=136957959&site=ehost-live&scope=site
- Calabrò, R. S., Naro, A., De Luca, R., Russo, M., Caccamo, L., Manuli, A., … Bramanti, P. (2016). The right to die in chronic disorders of consciousness: Can we avoid the slippery slope argument? Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience, 13(11–12), 12–24. Retrieved from https://search-ebscohost-com.lopes.idm.oclc.org/login.aspx?direct=true&db=psyh&AN=2017-02583-001&site=ehost-live&scope=site
The articles provided argue opposite sides of the controversy. In 1,300 words:
- Briefly analyze and compare the claims of both articles as well as the background of the controversy and how it became controversial. Include how historical perspectives and theories add to the controversy.
- Examine the evidence given in the articles and explain which article creates a stronger argument. You are not choosing a side that supports your beliefs. Describe why one article’s argument is stronger than the other. Give examples from both. Include how current perspectives and theories support your rationale.
- Identify any logic fallacies that exist in both and explain what makes them logic fallacies (For a list of logical fallacies, follow this link https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/fallacies.html ).
- Describe how the controversy you chose is applicable and significant to the world.
Use at least four scholarly references to support your claims. Be sure to carefully review the rubric for specifics on selecting and integrating sources to effectively support your rationale.Prepare this assignment according to APA Style Guide, . An abstract is not required.This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Benchmark InformationThis benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:MS Psychology1.1: Describe key historical perspectives and theories in psychology.
1.2: Differentiate among current perspectives and theories in psychology.
1.3: Describe applications of psychology.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”